Position: Director of Conferences
Date posted: 9/20/2004
Application deadline: 9/30/2004
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years' experience in
professional conference management required. Three years of experience in
a university setting preferred.
1. Provide overall leadership by developing goals and objectives.
2. Supervise, coordinate and evaluate all office activities.
3. Work with Office of Finance and Information Systems to monitor budget
and ensure payments are received and recorded in a timely manner.
4. Aggressively market the services of the Office of Conferences to
internal university departments and external groups.
5. Develop and maintain relationships with campus constituents including
Housing Facilities Management, Dining, Traffic and Parking, Housekeeping,
Student Recreation Center, Schedules and Reservations, Athletic
Department, Card Office and others.
6. Negotiate, execute, and administer contract terms; maintain records in
order to ensure compliance with contract stipulations.
7. Act as a liaison for the Office of Conferences in assuring that
accommodations for lodging, meals, meetings, equipment and other
arrangements are provided for as specified in each group's contract.
8. Process all contract changes, additions or cancellations.
9. Provide on-site service (including last minute changes) for groups
during their events.
10. Resolve problems.
11. Complete invoices in a timely manner after a conference has concluded.
12. Represent Vanderbilt University at conferences and trade shows.
13. Meet weekly with the assistant vice chancellor to exchange information
and provide updates.
14. Attend weekly senior staff meetings.
15. Assist with freshman move-in plan from conception to completion.
16. Be accessible via phone or pager or in-person to address questions
and/or to respond to emergencies.
17. Responsible for maintaining and updating Office of Conferences Web
18. Responsible for:
* marketing and public relations,
* program development,
* policy creation and implementation,
* summer staff recruitment, training, and supervision,
* overall client/customer services.
19. Some weekend and evening hours will be required.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Please send resume to:
2525 West End Avenue, Suite 500
Nashville, TN 37203
Vanderbilt University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer